Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week 1.



Lets just say day 2 started to early and very actively.
We fell asleep when the sky started to lite up, at 3.30 am. And were awaken by my mother holding a glass of freshly made juice in her hands. The day started with food again.

After what we call brunch, we drove to our "Dacha." Its a russian summer house outside of Moscow, mostly made of wood. It was always a Russian tradition to have one and be there for the summer. But I will tell you in advance that "Dacha" is not a place to rest, most people work all day on planting flowers and vegetables, plugging weeds, cutting the grass and cleaning.

Once we settled at the "Dacha" my brother came from Moscow and brought meat to make "Shashlik." (Meat kebobs) But before eating, I decided to exercise "Russian Style."
I warmed up with a Russian dumbbell, which is about 40 years old. Sascha joins me for this experience. And with instructions from my father he takes the spotlight away from me.

Oh well, I go to the home made metal exercise bars that were made for me when I was 10 years old. I wait for my father to finish working with Sascha and give me some of his attention. While waiting I am helping my mother to hang up laundry on the strings that run from the exercise bars to a near by tree.(Exercising Russian style!) And when my father finally comes we starts doing pull ups. All 4 1/2 of them.


As we decide to make "Shashlik" we discover that there is no cole for the grill and we have to go to a local store to buy one. By the time we get back, the weather is spoiling, it's starting to drizzle.
But we are persistent, and the grill is out. The cole is in and the meat is ready. The rest is history and in the videos below.

Part 1.


Part 2.


Part 3.






No comments:

Post a Comment